Sunday, November 13, 2011

On the Seventh Day...Rest or was it Play?

Is a teacher's work every done?
Resting the infamous red pen!
Lunch "a la studente"
Peeling and slicing potatoes and onions.
Preparing the rice.
Too many cooks?
Stir frying the beef over an open fire pit.
More peeling and slicing.
...and there is always laundry; posing with classroom drapery.
Group II travels to the public swimming pool.
Back to school for 5 p.m. mass - time to worship and thank the Lord for the gift of a beautiful day.

4 comments:

  1. After seeing all you do on a Sunday, I can't help but think, "What am I doing?"Your days seem so completely filled with so much..and the children are so happy.
    I must admit though, your desk is starting to resemble your HC one!! We still need a time management class, me so much more than you.
    Those faces are breathtaking-is that Valentina? I think she may be one of your favorites.
    Be safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. MJ... this journey you are on continues to enlighten me... I read every word to Devon so that she is so aware of how the simple things we have here are so often unavailable in places not so far away. She loves, as I do, seeing the faces of the children spending their time with you... and just how you spend that time.
    She was very glad to know you can swim... since I told her once I thought you were a mermaid!!!
    Be safe, be well, be happy and thank you for sharing this time with us
    Much love,
    The Blacks 3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that was Valentina - she has the heart of cupid. She lives up to her name! Now, Mrs. Fulton, every student I have is my favorite.

    Hi Devon - best luck in your swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Devon again - lesson in proofing...best of luck in your swimming!

    ReplyDelete