Friday, December 30, 2011

Everyone Should Have a Sister Jane!

Learning new dance moves in Botswana, Africa.
During the school's holiday break I had the wonderful opportunity to explore the southern portion of Africa from Zimbabwe to South Africa.  All was made possible due to the generosity of my visiting sister Jane and her husband, my "favorite brother-in-law," Ron Peterson. (only brother-in-law)  Hoping all had a blessed Christmas with your family and friends.

I am looking forward to getting back to Mwanza and moving forward on varied projects.  I equally look forward to returning to "Jersey" to my family and friends.  Wishing you all a wonderful and Happy New Year's!

Enjoy the photos...

My sister Jane and I together in Mwanza.
Bicycles serve many purposes in Mwanza.
One of the many realities and issues that confronts Mwanza.
My brother-in-law Ron and sister Jane seated in a "Night Safari" vehicle in Zimbabwe.
Rhino spotting in Zimbabwe
Peek-a-boo - Water buffalo, along with hippos, giraffe, and zebras were spotted; magical!
Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe one of the seven natural wonders - Can you name the other six?
One of many rainbows over the "Falls" - making many wishes!
The pictures do not do its beauty and power justice.
I highly recommend adding the Falls to your "bucket list."
CAPE TOWN! South Africa
Table Mountain, Cape Town - note the "tablecloth" cloud coverage.
Sailing on the Atlantic side of the Cape.
Surfing on the Indian side of the Cape!  Fun - feeling extremely fortunate!
Magnificent coastline/Cape Town
Leaving this to your imagination...more photos to follow on my next blog...keep well.





3 comments:

  1. Everyone SHOULD have a Sister Jane!!! Looks like an incredible trip,my friend. Jealous of the sailing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are amazing! So glad that you were able to get away and enjoy the sheer beauty of Africa. I am certainly curious about that last photo. If you ventured on the shark cage diving trip, hope you have pics to tell the story! Miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MJ....

    I LOVE JANE!!!!! your smile was dazzling and my "bucket list" is presently a scroll... not sure I could add another thing before this life is over... but Victoria Falls looks magnificent...and so do you. Enjoy the New Year... we can't wait to give you hugs... I'm with Alice... SHARKS!!! knowing you it's not only a possibility but you had them eating out of your hand... instead of eating your hand!!!
    Missing you so much
    The Blacks 3

    ReplyDelete