Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thank you Bananagrams Corporation for Your Generosity

It never hurts to ask!  I sent the following letter to the Bananagram Corporation.  They immediately responded by gifting the schools that I serve with 24 games.  I would like to extend my appreciation to Chrissy Blessinger from the corporate office in Providence, Rhode Island USA for generously honoring my request.


Dear Sales and Marketing Coordinators:
I am presently volunteering as a teacher in two very diverse projects in Mwanza, Tanzania.  Recently, I introduced your Bananagrams to my students, and naturally they loved it.  They were encouraged to create English words, but the use of Swahili was permitted.  As part of my volunteer commitment, I am required to maintain a blog.  Please visit my blog and take note of the entry regarding the introduction of Bananagrams to the students.  I believe you'll enjoy and be pleased that the game was a tremendous hit with the students. http://journeytomwanzatanzania.blogspot.com/

To continue to develop their interest further in Bananagrams and to enhance their English, I was curious to know if your agency would donate 2 dozen games to the schools that I am engaged in during my mission.  The school, Morning Star and the Tawawami Project  are in need of tactile stimulation activities.  My blog is read by many individuals and your involvement in both schools would certainly draw additional attention to the fun and educational game of Banangrams.

If you are interested please send the games to:
Mrs. Maryjane Gallo
c/o Sister Yulitha
Morning Star Secondary School
P.O. Box 1293
Mwanza, Tanzania

if you elect to send it DHL and they can deliver it directly to the
school - please note that the roads are not marked.  The school is
towards the Mwanza airport outside of town - down the road from the
open air market on Sundays the "Saba-saba."

my phone # outside of Mwanza: 255784754204
within Mwanza: 0784754204

Thank you for your considerations, and assisting me in developing the
creative minds of the youth that I serve.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Sincerely,
Mrs. Maryjane Gallo
 ...and I did! Thank you!
Looks like the package could tell its own tale regarding its journey to Mwanza.
Bananagrams - and introducing its sister game "Zip-it"

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! That's fantastic. And it's good to see you finally got a package...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! And a great game too! Great work Maryjane :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome MJ and kudos to the company-we should all buy Bananagrams for Christmas-I am!
    Be safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW.... that was so wonderful and I'm going to get them and Zip It for Dev for Christmas. As for getting some stuff to you from Jane... maybe Fed Ex or DHL could help!!! It wouldn't hurt to ask!!! maybe broken down into smaller packages once a month??? You look so good and I am sure responsible for all those happy faces.
    Merry Christmas to you my friend. We all miss you so much. Hurry Home!!!

    ReplyDelete