Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"What's Up Wabbit?" Carrots!

The other day when Skyping with  Grade 5B students of Holy Cross School, Rumson, New Jersey, a student was curious to know the types of food I have eaten during my mission. 

Primarily, my diet consists of "carrots" and ____________, occasionally there is a pizza treat, or a surprise meal of cow intestines and tripe - the honeycomb lining of the stomach.  Honestly, the carrots are preferred over the "cow inners." Bon Appetite!
Carrots, green peppers, and chapati
Plain carrots and chapati
Carrots, cabbage, and rice
Carrots and potatoes
More carrots and chapati
Maize and beans - a welcoming change from the carrots!
Pizza!
Sorry, no pictures of the cow's intestines or the lining of its stomach...couldn't do it!  Way too  frightening, but considered quite a delicacy here.  As you can see my meals are extremely healthy, and I am feeling strong like BULL!

2 comments:

  1. MJ.... food looks just like TEMPLE!!!... my grandfather use to cook tripe for Christmas... Italian Cow Intestines... you were right not to show PIX... it still haunts me!!!

    So I guess your eyesight by now must be superheroish by now!!!!

    We love and miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pizza ... well, it is a far cry from "Sea Bright Pizza". What a way to lose a few pounds, but you certainly need to keep eating up your carrots! When you return, the good old HC cafeteria food will look like a feast to you. Keep healthy!

    Miss you lots!
    Alice

    ReplyDelete