Saturday, October 29, 2011

Good Morning Teacher!



Good morning teacher!  It's Saturday at 6:00 a.m., and the students have dressed and recited their morning prayers with song.  At 6:30, they eagerly await my arrival for a long distant run or they remain at the school to run sprints.  Upon our return, they bathe, recite prayers and special intentions, enjoy breakfast, and then plan to do their  laundry.

Laundry could be tough today with the unrelenting rain.  I have my clothes soaking for two days awaiting the sun's arrival.  I, myself, am starting to pickle!
Harbari ya asubuhi (Good morning)
Wherever there's an uphill - there's a downhill!




Sprints and morning smiles!
Running shoes
Running through the neighborhood towards a small local market
Kwaheri! (Good-bye)

2 comments:

  1. Maryjane, Are you also running in your flip-flops? We had our first sighting of snow here at the shore..great big "see through" flakes that aren't even sticking on the grass but snow nevertheless. Your blogs are so thorough I still feel as though I'm with you.
    How do you say, "be safe?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jill.. reading your blog is "soulfood"... and keeps us close to you and your mission. I can see your influence in the faces of these students... they are learning to be nourished in the complete sense... academically, spiritually and phsycially... and that my friend is your greatest gift to them...
    Much Love and as Jill says "be safe"
    xoxox
    The Blacks3

    ReplyDelete